Sunday, September 24, 2023

Grieving cont'd

 9/22/2023

UGH. I still can't believe I am living this nightmare.  I miss my boy so much. I want to hold him & cuddle with him. 
I miss his craziness. His energy.  I seriously never realized he was the source of all the hyper-ness in this house.  It's too quiet.  

I predicted it would suck when the time came...but lord. I just can't. I know it's only 2.5 days after we said goodbye...but I'm just so freaking sad.

I kept turning around, while i was working, looking for him.  I miss his nuzzle punches demanding pets or hugs. 

I will never have another dog like him. I don't want another dog to take his place... he's the only one I want back!!!!!!

9/24/23

Yesterday we decided to take the kids to a dog park to keep them distracted.    At first there weren't any dogs, but they all eventually came.  There was a character there that had me laughing (which is a good thing), Maurice.  

Later in the evening we went to the basement to play. There was a little bit of tug--which is the first that has happened since Volos got sick.   

There was more today.  They're becoming a little more "noisier" ...so I think our distractions are helping. 

Momma here is still having a rough go.  I am randomly breaking out into crying fits.
Work just announced that we have to start returning to the office in the next few months.   Let's just say I'm having a nervous breakdown about this.  I don't want to be around people like this ...  sadly at least I won't have to worry about Volos when this happens.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment