Thursday, August 31, 2023

Pupdate End of August

 Momma here.

Time has certainly gotten away from us.   Life is crazy like that.   

The past month & a half has been pretty hectic for us. From celebrating big birthdays to moving & cleaning out a house to illness to the playroom being flooded.... it's just been pure chaos.  


HOPING to finally take a moment to breathe & catch you up on all our shenanigans.

Playcare
Well, the girls are officially going about once a week. Twice when there is stuff going on & we need them out of the house.  

Surprisingly it's been a lot easier than I thought it would. Once they got used to the routine, they've settled in pretty well.   I actually think the pack is more cohesive now that they're around each other all the time.  I've noticed Ziva being more affectionate & cuddly with me. 

She absolutely loves playing with her siblings. Her favorite spot is either outside on the patio or downstairs playing with someone, including me.  



I'm really impressed that they've realized not to bother me so much while I am working. However, lunch time rolls around & believe me they are letting me know.   

I still need a break from them, so they still go in.   The boys have gone in twice within as many weeks.  I've needed them gone & they all go together.    I would love to send them all in tomorrow, but only the girls will be heading in.  

Farm
We've been to the farm a few times over the past month.  Due to the issues listed above, we hadn't made it as much as I would have preferred.  We were supposed to have gone last week, but the storms that came through & flooded the basement prevented that planned outing.  


I have to decide if we'll go this weekend or not. There is another event I want to attend.  End of the year pool closings mean, doggy swims.  The one this Saturday is at a place where I can get in the water too.  I really really want to take them.  Rich is concerned about Volos being that he's not much of a fan.  I don't want to leave him home-- But I don't know how he'd act if I am actually in the water. 
I know Ziva will have a blast.  Plus it's going to be sunny & 83 degrees.   
I can't get in the water at the farm (I don't want to that is) so this is my chance!

Guess we'll see in a few days if I post something or not....

The Crew
They're doing great overall.     

Volos seems like he's more energetic & happier each day.  I don't know if it's the liver meds making him feel better or he's just more confident or he just is super happy the pack is together.   He's usually the one stirring up trouble during the day.   
He still cracks me up with his antics & his newest obsession.



He is OBSESSED with lying in the bed. In the mornings-most especially- he will climb back into bed once food has been dispersed & playtime is over.   I'll be in my office & he'll sneak off to the bedroom to climb into bed. Rich often wakes with him sprawled out.   

If we've been in the bedroom for something & he gets into bed, he won't climb out until he feels he may miss something.      Dude loves his bed.

Peryn is the same sweet little punk A-Hole that he usually is. He's been interacting with Ziva more.  They are SOOOOOOO close to wrestling.  She's very cautious of him (see A-Hole). As time goes on, their interactions are longer & we really hope to see them just have a blast. 
It doesn't help that other times, Peryn is snapping at someone for whatever reason.  He's just a grumpy jerk-off sometimes.   
He is also loving too, so it is what it is.



Peryn & Volos had a very rough 2 days last week during those storms. Peryn ended up sleeping in the shower, under the bench.   This is even after they were sedated.  Volos faired much better. Ziva & Lada were even a little uneasy.  So definitely once in a decade type of storm.


Lada is Lada. Happy, ball obsessed & just a sweet loyal girl.  Nothing really to tell you about her. While i work she is either at my feet, on the ottoman looking out the window, or on the bed.  Still my co-pilot for life.   

She is the most excited to have "her Jen" come to play with her. If Lada were to take off on us, it would be to follow Jen.  Lada would be in heaven if Jen came to live here.
I believe I told the story of her jumping out the car window when she realized Jen met us up at the farm. She kind of has a "boyfriend".   One of the dogs at the farm she's sweet on.   

Ziva... As I mentioned with the reduction in daycare time, she's all about her pack.  Her favorite thing is interacting with someone from the pack. Human or canine.  She'll run around with the ACDs & play with the herding ball. She LOVES playing tug with Volos and Momma.  She'll often go back & forth between us when playing. She freaking adores her big siblings.  Lada's her BFF & Volos is her "Big Brother".  


She absolutely loves putting her head out the window in the car.  I keep needing to measure her for Rex Specks.   When I take them on drives, she'll just keep her head out that window as much as possible.  

She loves cooling off in the pond at the farm. I really think she'll love being in the water with Daddy.... I really need to register for that.....


That's pretty much what we've been up to (that I can remember). It is getting late & I do need to get to bed, so I'm going to end this update here.    Thanks for checking in with us....  




1 comment: