Thursday, February 27, 2020

Lada felt left out....

Not feeling well
 Tuesday was not a fun day for Momma.

I came home to all four of my pups.  After letting them out (assisting Athena), when I came back in I noticed yellow spots all over my living room.  At first I thought someone took a piss all over. Nope.  Someone had puked up bile all over.  By the size /quantity of the spots, I assumed Volos.

A bit later, in the midst of cleaning the carpet, I saw first hand that it wasn't Volos, but Lada.   She had taken a drink of water and then proceeded to bring it up. She'd bring it up, walk a few steps and bring up more.   

This happened a number of times in the late afternoon until early evening.  She was a bit subdued and lying on the couch.  When I went to cuddle with her, she didn't feel as warm.    After awhile, we thought the worst was over and by 8PM she was doing it again.  

She hadn't eaten or drank a thing --so I knew it was a bit serious.   I called the Clinic and got her an appointment.

in the treatment room waiting for vet
The big sign she wasn't well was once we reached the clinic. First she didn't jump in my lap to get out of the car as she always does and second, instead of jumping in my lap she got on her hind legs and indicated she wanted to be held.

Her weight was normal, 26.6#.   Her temperature was a bit low and she was pale according to the Vet.   She was taken back for blood-work and x-rays. She was severely dehydrated (no surprise there). Her blood work came back mostly normal-she had 1 liver function number that was slightly elevated-that normally wouldn't concern them--but they were cautious because of her current state.
Vet said I was smart for bringing her in when I did and that Lada would need to be kept overnight. They put an IV in and gave her anti-vomiting medicine.


It was rough on me as minus about 10 days or so, she's been with my every night of her time with us.   I was also freaking out because I am so nervous due to what happened with Duchess.

They called the next morning to let me know she did well overnight. She didn't throw up anymore, ate a tiny bit, and went to the bathroom a bit-normal. I got a second call a bit later from the new vet in charge.   We discussed treatment and agreed to allow her to stay all day on the IV and for them to monitor and make sure she didn't get sick again. 

I didn't hear from them the rest of the day and took it to mean No news is Good News.   We went to pick her up at 7:30. They confirmed she didn't throw up again and was in better spirits.  We went home with 2 antibiotics and anti-nausea medicine.

HOME!!
She's to be on a bland diet the next few days and to let her rest.   She's still not 100%, but there is improvement.  She slept well last night and has eaten a few things here and there (in order to give her pills).   She's not a fan of the bland rice diet (Volos has no issues with it though!)

She's lying on the bed in my office surrounded by her pack and Momma. 
She must have felt left out because Athena & Volos have been getting so much attention due to THEIR health concerns.



I'll just be glad when we're past this.  We got back in 10 days to have her blood work ran again. They want to make sure that Liver # was related to her not feeling well and NOT something else.   Fingers and Paws crossed please!!!

Meanwhile, I get a calm and chill Lada while she recuperates.   Kind of scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment