Sunday, February 23, 2020

VOLOS- 1 MONTH



While we have sad news with Athena, we have encouraging news regarding Mr Volos.


Such a handsome boy
Last I wrote, he was treating me like persona non grata.   I don't know what changed or what happened, but that was totally eliminated and he's .....more open!

Throughout all of this, he's remained loving and cuddly in the foyer and outside. In the morning when I wake up to let the out and feed them, but it was every other moment where he would avoid me.

I first noticed it on what would have been my Dad's 75th birthday, the first birthday without him.   We were all sitting in the living room and he came in, went into his crate and hung out with us.   He was in no hurry to leave and it made me happy.   

I had decided I wasn't going to push him and would "ignore" him when he walked by or anything --allow him to have his space.  

Wednesday or Thursday after work he came into MY OFFICE and wanted to be petted. THen..... he laid down in here!    


hanging in the living room
Friday he was a different dog. He was more open and loving. He willing comes to me and while I was working, he laid down RIGHT NEXT TO MY DESK CHAIR while I worked.   

He comes out of his room more and spends more time with the pack.   He is more adventurous in his moving around the house.   Outside he is extremely playful and happy.  He likes to circle the house on nicer days.  He's even laid down at the table when we at the last few days.

Yesterday was a huge day.  First Rich moved his crate from the living room to the bedroom.  We'd eventually like him to sleep in the bedroom with us, but we won't push it.  
Even though his crate was gone, he still likes to lie where it was in the living room.  So he doesn't need the "safety" of the crate to be with us. 
Hanging withe the siblings

Every year for Rich's birthday he has a few friends over and they play various board games. We had 3 of his friends over and were sitting at the table.   Volos sat at one of his friends legs and proceeded to get loved on for quite awhile.   When that was over, Volos laid down underneath the table.  We had 3 strangers over and he stayed with us and was so chill. 


Now I took him on a car ride on Wed when I went to pick up Lada & Peryn from play care.   Afterwards we stopped at a friend's house. She's met him before and has always been my dogs favorite person (Duchess loved her).  She came out and began loving on Lada & Peryn. Volos moved away from the window and would not come near her. Nor would he look at her.    I've noticed in "confined" spaces he's not as open to meeting others.

Btothers
We took him to PetCo yesterday to get his name tag made.  He was interested in saying hello to all the doggies--but he's calm about it.  He's very curious and loving.   

He also went to the vet yesterday for a follow up on his wounds from the surgery. They're healing quite nicely. 
We saw another Berner when we arrived, but they were too far down the parking lot to talk to.  They saw us too and were checking Volos out.     Such a handsome devel.



LOVES DADDY
So this week we had some positive progression.  I know there is a chance for some backward steps, but I'm going to try and remain positive.     
Loves his car rides

No comments:

Post a Comment