Friday, October 6, 2023

Khors

 Sept 30 2023.
Not sure when I'll actually get to post this.     
So here's the story/rationale.   

I miss Volos. Lord I miss him. I want him back, but I can't get him back.   
The pack misses him.  He was the energy of this pack.   They're not the same with out him. They play/act differently, they're needier, whinier...      We all miss him. '

Even though it's been a week & a half, the plan is to adopt a Berner soon.   There is one, a young male, which is ideally what Rich wanted. I wanted a female, but he says we need a balanced pack. 

Stumbled upon ....Well I was looking, but I stumbled upon a Berner being held while they look for his owners.  He's young & somewhat local.  

  
I contacted the dog warden where he is being held.  They are currently treating him for a skin condition, which is very reminiscent of Athena.  They told me he would not be available for adoption until Friday Oct 6 2023.

Rich already had taken off prior to this & I put in to have off. So Friday morning, first thing in the am we plan to drive to adopt this boy. 






10/4/2023

So as of right now:

1. As long as the vet clears him today or tomorrow, he'll be up for adoption.

2. Apparently there are a # of people interested, so we need to make sure we get there early.

3. If more than one person shows up for him at the same time, he goes into "silent auction".  

4. I am freaking out.  I want a new berner so badly.  I want to rescue, but it's such a "thing" to be able to get approved .

5. I've put in applications for a few more dogs.    I'm trying to avoid the puppy route, but we need a new member soon! 


10/6/23

it is 4:22 AM. Last night we got a bunch of things ready to go:  transponder for the car, leash & collar, donations for the dog warden, blank check for payment, leashes for the rest of the dogs, clothes ready... 
Went to bed. Woke up at ~3am to use the bathroom.  Trouble falling back asleep. Headache... took one of my headache meds... dozed until 4.  I've given up. I set my alarm for 5am (normal time).   
SO here I am online, 

So Rich finally went thru the VA for disability. He's been rated 30%.   Since this was all "his" doing, when he finally got that 30%, he was paid from the time he submitted his claim until he approval.  He has not gotten a new computer since ...the old house.   I told him he could use the $ that didn't pay off the basement flooding repairs(this was before Volos got ill) to get himself a pc.  
Of course right after it was purchased, things went to crap & Volos ..you know the rest.  
ALL this to say....we had recently learned he gets additional money for having a "dependent" aka ME.  So we submitted the paperwork last weekend.  Since his claim was already approved, it was a quick turn-around for the dependent claim.  
We just received the backpay for me.  Now the original intent was any extra $ would go to payoff the rest of the CC (vet bill).   But thing is, we're using this $ for Khors. 
Should others have the same mindset & show up early making there be an auction, we have wiggle room.   We've discussed this.  So we shall see. 

Oh & in case I hadn't mentioned it, he was cleared & is available today. 

I also found another Berner at a shelter & put in an application for him the other day. Have not heard anything. However, I really want today's boy.  

His pics remind me of Volos  & I want to nurse him back to health. 

In addition to this guy & the other ("Bruno") , I have an application for a girl that is not quite available yet.  Back ups so to speak.  

I'm doing everything I can to avoid going for a puppy/through a breeder that I know has a few pups available.  I LOVE puppies & a puppy would bring such joy...I don't want to go through that again if I can avoid it. 

So as we speak it's 4:37am. I'm going to wrap this up to go take a shower. Our plan is to arrive at 8:30am (shelter opens at 9am).  We need to exercise the demons...errr the dogs.....

10/6/2023
Left just around 7,to grab breakfast.

While waiting for our food, I select the address for GPS.
The screen shows the place opens at 8am.
Panic ensues I planned to arrive by 8:30am.

Haul butt. Arrived at 8:04am.
Walk in to find out, dogs aren't adoptable until 9am🤦🏻‍♀️

Currently sitting in the car, in front of the kennel runs.

I would trade this moment just to have Volos back....
With this possible adoption the dogs get a distraction, I get a distraction/project, & we open up room for another dog to be saved...

   
If you're reading this....

Meet Khors












No comments:

Post a Comment