Friday, October 13, 2023

Day 6 continued onto Day 7

 10/12/2023

 Well yesterday was definitely a day of firsts. 
Also, I re-read my first few diary posts. You can tell I write as I go as I tended to repeat "he's a sweetheart". The truth is, he is. 

So yesterday the first surprise came when I went to play tug with Ziva. He had made some indication of tug the day before. We played a little bit, but not between him & Ziva. Just between him & I. 
Well, today they started playing tug.  
This made me happy as this is one of Ziva's favorite things.  He plays different than Volos, but it's obvious why as well. Volos stood his ground, didn't move much other than forward or backward.  He on the other hand moves all over with her.  It was a wonderful thing to see. 

After that, we moved onto another first: he played with the hanging rope.  We installed ( what's this we...it was all me). I installed a hanging rope like the one at the Farm, they tend to pull onto that rope. 
It's been occasionally played with by Peryn, Ziva, & Volos.  Not to much as of late. 

SO to see him yanking & shaking that made me happy.  Of course this is one of those times we went downstairs while my phone was not on me.  

The THIRD surprise came in the late afternoon, early evening.  The Friday (Sept15) before Volos got super sick, I had a bunch of toys delivered to the house. Since some toys were unavailable, the substitution were Lambchops. I had already ordered some, so we had a delivery of 3 lambchops.

The first was decapitated in a tug fest between Volos & Peryn. The other one has been slowly eviscerated by Lada. The third has been relatively unharmed & sitting on the coffee table. 
I took that one & squeaked the paw while showing it to Khors.  The Silly pup took it from my hands & proceeded to throw it around in the air.   He was so freaking cute.   

I LOVE to see his personality emerge.  While Volos' was gradual & significant each time he did let it emerge, Khors' personality really isn't so gradual.  It totally fits with everything we have seen about him since bringing him home. 

I don't know how much of this was the fact that he had a good home where he wasn't abused (like V). Or he just is like Athena, just a very happy loving pup.   However he was completely trusting from moment one. 
He got in the car with no issues. He drove pretty well. He calmed down pretty quickly overall. He's easy going with our dogs. He's gotten into a routine pretty quickly.  He's learning the boundaries.  He's just so loving & trusting.  He's already "on guard".   

He has a lot of things that remind us of either Galen or Volos.  It would make sense as Galen was part Collie & we believe he may be that.   Volos in that they're both Berners.   Although, the collie thing may not be true.      First off, if I haven't mentioned it, he's very very thin. You can feel his skeleton underneath. They say he's even gained wait compared to when they found him-- so know we have aways to go to get some meat on those bones.  Once he fills out, he may look mostly Berner. 

The shock of white on his back neck. One of the delivery guys who has delivered here before--recognized Volos wasn't here.    We talked about Khors & he indicated his Bernese had the same white collar.  SO it may be a Berner thing.   
A lot of the times that I look at him I see his resemblance to Volos. I know it's not Volos, but he looks so much like him at different angles. 

He has Athena's happy go lucky personality. She was a joy when we adopted her. In spite of all that happened to her, she was just joyful. He's exactly like that.


Oct 13

To continue about yesterday, a new thing he's started is he's VERY physical with me. He was climbing all over me, grabbing my arm, almost wrestling with me.   He's done it again today. 


This morning he & Ziva played tug, initiated by Z.  He's also starting to physically touch the ball when playing with Peryn & Lada.  

This morning I had an eye appointment, so I had to leave the boys alone.  I was able to leave the house with no issues. I cam back about an hour and a half later & they were happy to see me. House was still standing.   No issues found.   

I can't leave as my eyes were dilated at the appointment & still are 7 hrs later.  I can't take them for a drive.  SO Peryn is sleeping & Khors (I had to correct that from Volos) is staring out the window. 

Maybe later this evening I can do that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment