Thursday, September 28, 2023

Missing his brother

 Sept 28 2023

Today i had to send the girls in to daycare. Yesterday Ziva was just so not necessarily difficult & not necessarily annoying, but she was very needy.   She kept barking about something & nothing satisfied her. 

I was watching some videos of Volos on my phone & she heard his barking. She kept coming by me like "Volos??".   
The three dogs overall are extremely clingy as of late. I understand they're confused & miss their brother, but it gives me almost no room to move or do anything.

Rich took her & Peryn for a walk after work because she needed to get out. Of course he ran into some regulars on the trail.  Those that walk the trail on the regular know who we are/where we live & are used to seeing our dogs. 
These individuals made comments about "the other berner".. noticing he hadn't been outside lately. He told me 3 different regulars asked where he was.   ugh. 

This morning Rich had no issues with the girls going in.  I had wanted to wait until tomorrow to send them in, but after yesterday I needed a break.  When he opened the garage door & said "Girls! Car ride" no one moved. However, he left the door open as he worked on loading his work stuff into the car. Next thing either of us know the girls have made their way to the car.   
They apparently needed time away too.

Today was hard though.  I went out for lunch with only Peryn. He looked so lost. He normally sits up in the front with me. He stayed in the back, laid down even.  I heard him sniffing at the area (Volos' spot in the car).  He really looked like a sad lost puppy.  He really loved having a big brother around.  They had the wackiest relationship, but they really loved each other.

Today we received this card from the vet. I called to cancel Volos' appt that was scheduled for Monday.  I hate getting these, it's so final....




No comments:

Post a Comment