Friday, January 24, 2020

Volos Day 3 & 4 Pupdate

Ready for your Volos pupdate?

Volos, Peryn, & mommy

Day 3-  Today was his day home with the rest of the pack while we were at work.  Started our morning out as usual: morning greeting, bathroom break, and breakfast.

For our bathroom break we went to the park (Peryn, Lada, & Volos).   He does really well off leash in a confined setting. You wouldn't know of his issues when he's there.    

At the park

Rich-who has the joy of being the one to put him in his crate at night and when he leaves for work- says he still goes into his crate with no issues. 

When I came home to let the psychos out--he was so happy to see me.   We all ended up going to the park where they all did their thing.  No issues to speak of at this time. 

The real joy was when we came back in Peryn, Lada, & Athena in her cart went downstairs to play.  I didn't want to leave him all alone, but I knew the ACDs need my attention when they play.   So I sat at the top of the basement stairs (which are also right outside his room).  He actually came out to get some loving from me.    


He will walk into the living room occasionally and he did so later.  However after he went for his walk with Rich & Peryn, he went right back into his room.

He's much more affectionate and accepting of our affection. However he still hides out in his room most of the time.  He's very quite and calm.    I really wish he would come out of the room, but we're allowing him to do it at his speed right now.

Look who left the room

Day 4- Worked from home and the other 3 went to day care.   He stayed in his room and would come to the door to check in on me, but wouldn't leave more than 2 ft from the doorway.   

My friend Kara came to meet him.  He worked his puppy voodoo on her and she's in love.  He loves getting attention.

Later on, I took him up to the daycare to get used to being in there.   He was very curious about the dogs.  He seems to do well with dogs that aren't too high energy.




Interaction with the family.  There is more "acknowledgement" of each other than there was.  They come into the room when I'm in there, sniff him out and vice versa--but that has been the extent of it.   
I'm a bit impatient because I want him to come out of the room and chill in the main part of the house.  I just need to remember this is at HIS speed--not mine.
zzzzzzzzzzz

Looking out the window on our ride

No comments:

Post a Comment