Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day Volos!!

Volo's birthday
Birthday Boy
Happy gotcha day volos


 It's been over a month since I last posted.  It's been a bit crazy--and when it isn't I don't feel like posting.  

So today is Volos' Gotcha Day and since we don't know his birthday, it's also designated his 6th birthday.  
He has come a long way.    

A year ago we brought home this big ball of fur that stayed in his crate and occasionally made an appearance.  He preferred to show his affection when he was outside vs inside.  It took MANY weeks before we heard him bark. 

He'd flinch if we moved too fast or made any loud noises. He'd run to his crate anytime he was caught off guard.      

I was upset he'd leave the room when I'd enter.  I didn't think I'd ever be able to have a cuddle bug. 

Times certainly have changed.   Now this pup is a big barking goofball.

His wounds have slowly closed/scarred over.   The skin still needs to heal, but we don't have any issues or worries about him getting infections or bleeding to death.    HE returned to day care two weeks ago.   It was time.

He didn't beg to go in each morning, but it was obvious over time that he missed his siblings.  He became a bit "antagonistic" the last week.  He started with Peryn several evenings after they got back home from day care.      Near the time they usually would come home, he'd wander to the door and patiently wait for them to come home.   Once the door opened he and Peryn would fly downstairs to start their routine.  

The evening after his return to day care, it was so obvious he was happy. His whole being just shined with happiness.     He prefers being with his pack and vice versa.

I missed posting about Peryn's birthday on Jan 3. He turned 5.  I can't believe my baby boy is growing up.      So as it stands today Volos is 6, Peryn is 5 and Lada is 4.     

Over Christmas the boys got to meet their cousin Ricky. Lada has met him before as she's my Tenn Co-pilot.  Gramma & Uncle Davey came up to spend Christmas with us and Ricky tagged along.   We celebrated Ricky's birthday while they were here.    My brother went all out for his "baby".

Fighting over Gramma

For my Mom's gift this year, I had family portraits taken. This did include the pups.  they turned out quite well if I don't say so myself.  the lovely brittaney brandt photography took the photos .   

The pups were the easiest part of the whole process.   the humans had a little difficulty understanding directions!

Christmas brought snow! Ricky wasn't too fond of it, but my pack thoroughly enjoyed having snow to leap through.  

Don't really have much else to tell you regarding these crazy pups, so i guess we'll just leave you with a few more photos.

VOLOS
RICKY, THE BDAY BOY

PERYN
LADA









No comments:

Post a Comment