Friday, February 26, 2016

Week #3


Peryn
Well....I don't know where to begin ....so much I want to say.  First off, the snowy weather and these dogs have caused me some great stress.  The first few days after we brought Peryn home, I ended up falling on my back twice (in one day and within minutes of each other).  Then last week he got loose. After chasing him around and catching him, I slipped and fell down a hill incline and bruised my tailbone. This morning, landed on both knees.
I don't know if I'll be healthy enough to enjoy him.

The dogs are getting along famously. He absolutely positively loves his sisters. They're pretty taken with him too.  It's more than I could ask for.  Athena, who loves to play and loves puppies, is getting her fill.  They can go forever some days.    
Duchess, who only loves to play with his sister (who never wants to play with her) and roughly with bigger dogs has found her match.   The two of them go at it.  He loves her rough play and she loves being able to play.  I am pretty sure they're more physically and mentally active since he's come into their lives.   YAY!

He's still not sleeping through the night,but now his barks are only to let us know he needs to go out.  He sleeps the rest of the time.
With the sisters

Training....we're working on this.   We started bell training.  Galen was inadvertently trained this way when he was a pup. We're now doing it purposefully.   Fingers crossed.
House training ---yeah...this is going to be a tough one.

I started working on sit with him. He got it after 2 days.  Now whether or not he chooses to do it is another thing.  Next we're working on paw.    I want him to have 'sit' down before I work in Stay.
He watches the girls a lot, so that helps. Duchess is so well trained (thank you previous owners) so she is a good example to watch.

I don't like working from home anymore.  It was getting annoying with the sisters always wanting to go out.  He's worse. He has to go out and then he insists I be outside at the same time. It's freaking cold out.

He's a happy puppy that's for sure.  We've many nicknames for him: Blue Devil, Blue Ninja, Daredevil, and Kamikaze, just to name a few.   He's freaking fearless.  The rougher and tougher it is, the more he's interested.

Getting longer

ZZZZZZ

Neighbors have commented on how much he's grown.  It saddens me.  I like my cute little puppy. His ears are almost straight up.   Sigh.

Loves to lay on Mommy at night.
SO that's your update for now.   See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment