Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Days 3 & 4

Athena is adjusting well.
She's doing much better on the stairs. She still looks awkward going up and down, but she's got speed now.

Monday I worked from home, to give her more time to adjust to her surroundings. She slept on her bed right next to my desk the whole day. 
Once I finished, I brought out the puppy puzzle toys for them to play with. She got into them.  She was rather impatient with the one & broke a piece, but nothing major.
She also played a little bit with Duchess.   That made me smile.  


One thing I did notice about her is the possibility she's going into heat. I've never had a dog that was unaltered, so this is new to me.  We're keeping a watch out and we'll definitely find out at the Vet on Friday.

Today, I returned to work.  Today was a real test as this is going to be the schedule she deals with during the week.  9+ hours without the humans.
I was running late, as was my husband, so I was anxious to what I would find when I came in the house.

Three happy excited pups greeted me at the door.   All my girls waiting for me.   While I let them outside, I searched the house for a sign of a mess. Nothing.  Nothing was amiss.  She did so well.

I played with them a bit outside and then brought them back in.   Once inside, Duchess tried to engage her in play.   Athena joined in. They were chasing around the large chair and having a blast.
It warms my heart that they've all started to bond and care for each other. 

Athena's back scabs are falling off. She has healthy looking skin underneath so that is good.   Rich & I both think her teets do not look as big as they did the day we brought her home. Whether that's from us getting use to her or they actually are, remains to be seen.

Right now she & Duchess are at the window right next to me watching the neighborhood.


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment