Friday, April 18, 2014

Completing week 2

Hello Again.

Athena is doing well.  She's definitely gotten some meat on her bones and is looking healthy (aside from the obvious issues). Her coat glows & she appears to be very happy.

She LOVES her bed.  She sleeps there when we are at work.  She loves her sister Duchess.  When we adopted Athena it was our hope that they would be playmates.   We've definitely achieved that.

I'll get to that again in a minute.   Athena also LOVES being outdoors.   She loves to sit or lay out there and just watch or bark at whatever she sees.   Yesterday I worked from home and it was in-out. In-out. In-out. 

She does whine a lot.  I do not know the reason but she'll just be lying there and start the whining.  It makes me sad as I do not know what the issue is yet.

Duchess and Athena definitely are bonding. We adopted Duchess 10 months ago and from day 1, sleeping in bed with Mommy has been her thing.  No one sleeps next to Mommy except her.  No one gets Mommy's attention except her.

That has changed over the past week.   Duchess has now taken to sleeping on the floor right next to Athena at night.   It makes me sad, but it warms my heart that they're getting close.  

They play with each other once a day.  That relieves me.  Finally Duchess has a way to burn off some of that excess energy and she and Athena bond even more.

Athena is definitely not afraid to get what she wants.  For example, just a few seconds ago Duchess was on the throne looking out the window. That is normally Athena's spot. Athena wanted it and just went over to get on it.  Duchess chose to leave.

One thing Duchess still has issues with is that with Athena being so affectionate, she just crawls on your lap or snuggles in next to you.  Duchess does not like that, sharing attention.  In fact she is sitting next to me pushing at my hands because they're not rubbing her.

Overall-Athena is doing very well.  
Below is a video I shot this morning as I was trying to work.  It started with Athena cuddling into me...

No comments:

Post a Comment